Excel’s FIND function allows you to locate a specific character or substring within a text string. It can be very useful when you need to quickly retrieve information from a long string of text or numbers. This tutorial will cover how to use the FIND function in Excel. Let’s begin!
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to use the FIND function in Excel.
- Open your Excel sheet and select the cell where you want to enter the FIND function.
- Enter the FIND function =FIND(find_text, within_text, [start_num]).
- Replace “find_text” with the text you want to find. In our example, we want to find a text from the A2 cell.
- Replace “within_text” with the text where you want to search for the “find_text“. We want to find the text in cell B2 in our example.
- Replace “[start_num]” with the position you want to start searching from. This is an optional parameter, so you can leave it blank if you want to start searching from the beginning.
- Press Enter to get the result.
- The FIND function is space and case-sensitive, so make sure to enter the exact text you want to find.
- If it cannot find the specified text, it will return a “#VALUE!” error.
Using the FIND function in Excel is a great way to quickly retrieve information from a text string. Just remember that it is case-sensitive, and make sure to enter the exact text you want to find. Good luck!