While working on the Excel, you may require to lock a specific column so that no one can edit that. Although there is no such option to lock a column in Excel directly, you can easily lock the cells under the column to do the job. Keep reading this guide to find out exactly what you need to do.
Here are the exact steps you need to follow:
1. Open the Excel workbook and go to the sheet containing the column you want to lock.
2. Select the entire column by clicking on the letter header of the target column.
3. Right-click and choose Format Cells from the context menu.
4. In the Format Cells window, go to the Protection tab.
5. Make sure the “Locked” checkbox is ticked and click OK to apply the changes.
6. Now select the column’s cell you want to unlock, left-click and choose Format Cells again and untick “Locked” under the Protection tab.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the specified column will be locked, while the others will be unlocked.
Following the above step, you should be able to lock a column in excel easily. if you have any further questions, please leave them in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!