Do you know that you can easily check important stats such as the average, minimum and maximum values of a selection in your Excel worksheet? You can do this by customizing your footer stats in Excel.
In this write-up, we will learn how to customize footer stats in Excel. Before you begin, make sure that your data sets are properly formatted and structured so that they can be correctly analyzed by Excel.
When customizing your footer stats, you can choose from a range of statistics that will give you information about the data set. These stats include:
- Average – This is the average value of a selection
- Count – The number of cells in a selection
- Numerical Count – The number of numerical cells in a selection
- Maximum – This is the highest value for the selection
- Minimum – This is the lowest value of a selection
- Sum – Total of all values
Customizing your footer stats in Excel is easy. Follow these steps:
1. First, open the Excel file or sheet that you want to analyze and right-click on the footer area of your worksheet to bring out the footer menu.
2. Click on the respective name from the drop-down menu. You will see a tick sign when you choose any one of these options.
3. Click anywhere on the worksheet to exit the footer menu.
4. Select the data range from the preferred column to check the statistic.
5. That’s it. Now you will see the statistical data in the footer area.
Using the footer stats feature, you can quickly and easily check important statistics on your Excel worksheets. This can be extremely helpful for analyzing data sets and making decisions based on that data. We hope this guide has provided you with a better understanding of how to use the footer stats feature in Excel. Thanks for reading!