In this tutorial, we will explore the basics of the MROUND function, its syntax, and its usage. This function is a useful tool for rounding numbers to a specified multiple. This function can come in handy in various financial, mathematical, and statistical applications.
The MROUND function in Microsoft Excel is a mathematical function used to round a number to the nearest specified multiple. The syntax for MROUND is as follows:
- “number” is the value you want to round
- “multiple” is the value to which you want to round the number
Here is a step-by-step guide to using the MROUND function:
- Type “=MROUND(“ and then select or type the number that you want to round.
- Type a comma (,) and then select or type the multiple to which you want to round the number.
- Close the parentheses by typing “)”.
- Press the Enter key to get the result.
Note: When rounding negative numbers, add a negative sign in the multiple syntax. Otherwise, it will return an error.